Monday 14 November 2011

A1 pieces

We also got set the task to develop an image at minimum A1 size, here is my first attempt:

There are some bits of it i like, like the dean at the centre top and Babette in the centre but a lot of the other areas are weaker than i wanted, so i created another image:


this went better, and i replicated the composition used in this William Blake painting:
mercy_and_truth_are_m.jpg

and applied some of the ideas used to my own work. I am pleased with the detail of the lower part featuring Babette serving the two sisters, and the image of their father the dean went ok but the people around it are rushed and needed more time to be spent on them.

I also developed a couple of other quicker pieces:



I have decided from this that because i spent little time on a book task that we were set, that i would try to translate these pieces into more sequential work in a book. I have begun working on it:


I'd like to carry on with it, it just depends how i go with other stuff i have on.





No comments:

Post a Comment